Circuit Office - 01642 323924
Page last updated - 28 July, 2017
– The first round of stationing is in November. An invitationcommittee was approved at the meeting and consists of Circuit Leadership Team (Core) and 2 reps from each of Rev Huw’s churches (Normanby, Eston Grange and Ormesby) and 1 rep from each of the other churches in the Circuit.
– the Leadership team have been giving consideration to youth work which is an issue that has been a great concern in all our churches. It was noted that there was a key deficiency in the 10 – 14 age range and that more investigation and discussion was needed. A meeting has been arranged for 6th September and it is hoped 1 or 2 representatives from each of our churches will attend to discuss this important issue.
– Good news - the lease of the units is now complete, and a 25 year lease signed. The tenant is Mr Kiper and he will be running a tailoring business.
– It was reported that Messy Church will continue in Eston Grange, Normanby and Grove Hill. There are 8 people willing to lead celebration and worship but additional volunteers are required to support the craft/activity tables. Messy Church meets on weekdays, 2.30pm and there will be 3 in the autumn, one at each of the churches.
– The annual Easter Offering Envelope Service which has traditionally taken place at the Network meeting on the first Friday after Easter will now be a Sunday Evening Circuit Service to include everyone in the Circuit.
– will be held at Avenue on Sunday 18th September at 6.30pm, to include Holy Communion. The service will feature the ‘old favourites’ using the Methodist hymn book which preceded Hymns and Psalms. There will also be the first appearance of the Men’s Fellowship choir.
- it was proposed and agreed that the time of all our evening services be at 6.00pm
– At the request of some young people in Nunthorpe to form a choir, a singing workshop was arranged and took place in July
– The circuit rejoiced with Dawn Harris at her recognition service. The meeting was asked to remember Kate Dykes as she continues with her LP studies. Thanks expressed to Ruth Lewis in her role as LP tutor as the demands and the depth of reporting increases. The LP meeting have been pleased to welcome two worship leaders and hope others feel they may like to attend.
– there was a request from Stainton for help with playing the organ at their services, and a discussion about the growing difficulty of finding organists/pianists to cover services. It is hoped to be able to produce a list of itinerant organists to serve not only Stainton but the whole circuit, as and when necessary.
– (rescheduled date – to be advertised throughout the churches
The Circuit Invitation Committee is pleased to announce that we have been matched, subject to ratification by Conference, with the Rev Christopher John Wood-Archer who is currently in the Castle Eden Circuit.
Christopher and his wife, Judith, will be joining us for September 2017
The funeral of Mrs Shirley Teasdale will take place at The Avenue Methodist Project on Tuesday 1st August at 9.45am followed by the committal at St Bedes Chapel. The family invite people to come and celebrate Shirley's life and then join them to share memories at The Municipal Golf Club.
|Live at Home|
|Together Middlesbrough & Cleveland|
|John Paul Centre|